Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Painted Earth Skincare Review 

By MEGO on the go

Today’s review is for an amazing company I had the pleasure of working with! When Painted Earth Skincare offered to send me some products to review, I could only say yes! I love discovering new cosmetic companies, and it really sparked my interest to hear that the products are 100% natural!
Painted Earth Skincare Review
Painted Earth Skincare is an exclusively organic, natural and non-toxic cosmetic company. Although their products are 100% natural, they do not sacrifice in quality, trends or beauty. I will be the first to admit that I do not really own many natural/organic cosmetics, and it is something I should probably take a little more serious. Painted Earth is seriously a breath of fresh air, as the products are incredibly high quality and innovative! Now, let’s take a little more in-depth look at what I got. The only thing I’m not reviewing today is the sunless tanner sample I received, as I haven’t tried it yet (But it smells good and uses a safe DHA ingredient! How cool is that?). The Painted Earth folks really went all out and spoiled me. They even threw in a fun hot pink kabuki brush not pictured. Thank you so much, Painted Earth!



paintedearthmakeup
LASH LUXE MASCARA
I have really enjoyed this mascara. I typically use waterproof mascara, but I have liked this a lot! It hasn’t flaked on me, and the wand reminds me a lot of the Benefit “They’re Real” one. I actually like this better than the Benefit one (I wasn’t a huge fan of that mascara to begin with). I think it’s a lot easier to work with and really can help me achieve that feathery look I like.
PERFECT EVERY THYME BAKED MINERAL FOUNDATION
This foundation is something I was really excited to try. It’s been years since I’ve tried a mineral foundation. I have this in the color Antique Beige. I find the color match to be pretty spot on, with just a hint of warmness to it. The coverage is about medium. It looks really great with a tinted moisturizer or BB Cream underneath, and I have also worn a liquid foundation and used this as a setting powder with extra coverage. Both look great! The finish is very natural. Not too matte, not too dewy. Just natural. It doesn’t oxidize on me and it actually stays looking good quite a few hours without needing any touch ups. I have really enjoyed adding this foundation into my rotation and I highly recommend it if you are looking for something that has medium coverage and can be layered or worn alone.
MINERAL BAKED BLUSH IN ‘NECTAR’
I think this blush ended up being my favorite product out of all the things I tried, simply because of how unique a color this is. It’s not quite pink, but not quite coral, yet somewhat peachy, yet not. It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before. It is incredibly smooth, easy to apply, and extremely flattering. I’m kicking myself for not swatching it for you guys (but keep reading, as I do have a selfie).
MINT LIPGLOSS IN ‘VICTORIAN CHARM’
This lipgloss is, well, frankly, yummy! It reminds me of one I had a while back that was actually a breath freshening lipgloss. Does anyone else remember that product? However, this time, it’s an all-natural product that you can actually feel good about licking your lips and perhaps ingesting a little bit of! The color is quite beautiful and neutral, and can be paired with just about anything.
But what about how all these products look on me? I’m glad you ask! I’m wearing everything above and I haven’t altered this picture at all besides cropping. I used a tinted moisturizer under the foundation and I went pretty light handed with the blush.
IMG_7853
Now let’s talk about the skincare items!
paintedearthskincare
MOISTURE TREATMENT FOR ACNE/SENSITIVE SKIN
This stuff smells great, absorbs into the skin quickly, is not greasy, and very effective. It moisturizes without harsh chemicals. It hasn’t caused any additional breakouts (and my skin has been fussy lately). Very simple, very effective.
BOO-BOO GEL
No, this “wonder” gel has nothing to do with Honey Boo Boo or sketti. It is a truly unique product, as I have never seen anything like it before. This gel can be used on acne, mosquito bites, burns, cuts, bruises, and the list goes on! This is actually one of Painted Earth’s best selling products. Guys, this stuff is just so darn cool. I am a pimple popper (raise your hand if you wanna fess up to being one, too!) and sometimes those popped pimples take a little time to heal. Enter this boo-boo gel. Holy moly, they are healing fast. I also put it on a bruise and it seemed to help it heal less funky. The gel feels very… “bouncy” to the touch, and very soothing and cooling going on. It is non-irritating. I just love multi-purpose products! Seriously nothing else like this exists. At least I don’t think so.
I am just smitten with these products! Aren’t you? Have you forgotten yet that these are all 100% natural?! Well, not to worry, because one of you has the opportunity to win a few things for yourself! One lucky reader will win a Perfect Every Thyme Mineral Foundation, a Baked Mineral Blush, and Some Boo-Boo Gel!

No comments:

Post a Comment