Friday, February 7, 2014

February 7, 2014 by sarahlovesmakeup

Brand Spotlight: Painted Earth Natural & Organic Skin Care and Cosmetics

brand-spotlight:painted-earth-skin-care
I am very excited to introduce you guys to Painted Earth – a brand that I stand behind for its beautifully made products and strong commitment to exclusively organic, cruelty-free makeup and skin care lines. From Luxury Matte Lipstick to Boo-Boo Wonder Gel, each product is well thought out and contains plenty of vitamins and essential oils.
brand-spotlight:painted-earth-skin-care
If you’re in the market for skin care products, I really cannot recommend Painted Earth’s products enough. For those of you who have similar skin to mine [combination-oily] the Boo-Boo Wonder Gel is a must-have. This natural gel ointment has a refreshing mint scent and has a lovely cooling effect on the skin. It completely eliminates inflammation and redness without leaving my skin feeling tight and dry. Two other skin care products I have been loving from Painted Earth are the Vitamin C Eye Gel and Moisture Treatment for Sensitive/Acne Prone Skin. I am usually weary about trying eye creams because I have such sensitive skin, but I knew I wouldn’t run into any problems with this cooling gel due to the fact that is it completely natural. This gel has a refreshing cucumber scent, and brightens my under eye area and reduces puffiness. The Moisture Treatment leaves my skin feeling incredibly smooth and hydrated, creating a perfect base to apply foundation over.
brand-spotlight:painted-earth-skin-care
The Baked Mineral Foundation feels weightless on the skin and provides excellent coverage without looking too matte or cakey. For a really flawless finish I have been applying this foundation with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush. For a great on-the-go concealer, the Mineral HD Concealer is where it’s at. This concealer blends seamlessly into the skin and completely covers dark circles with a small amount of product. For a gorgeous bright cheek I can’t get enough of the Baked Blush in Nectar - the texture is so smooth and blendable, and this shade is perfect for adding a pop of pink to brighten the face.
brand-spotlight:painted-earth-skin-care
To achieve an easy smokey eye I have been wearing the Matte Shadow in Wheat as a base, and blending Polychromatic Shadow in Decadent onto my lids, concentrating the color on my lash line. The texture of these shadows is a bit powdery, but they are very easy to work with. They apply sheer, but you can really build the color up or wet your brush before dipping it into the shadow for a more dramatic look. The Baked Minerals Shadows are silky smooth, and do a lovely job of highlighting the eyes. I’ve found that these also work well both wet and dry and for a romantic, girly look I will use Pink Fusion as a base and blend Belize into the crease. The Superwear Gel Liner is great for adding drama to create a smudgey, smokey look. This liner is really creamy so it is really easy to blend into shadow on the lash line. Although it doesn’t last as well on the waterline, it works very well smudged on the lower lash line for a bedroom eye effect. As for mascara, The LashLuxe Mascara has a lovely, high-gloss formula that lengthens and separates [I can apply several coats without experience any clumping].
brand-spotlight:painted-earth-skin-care
Now onto lip products . . . my favorite part of any look or review! Painted Earth really delivers in its lip product offerings as there is such a wide variety to choose from. I was lucky enough to try out the Luxury Matte Lipstick, Baby Hint of Mint, and Luxury Lip Gloss.  The Luxury Matte Lipsticks have a creamy, long-lasting formula and provide a true matte finish. The color lasts on my lips for about six hours without leaving them feeling dry or flaky. I am in love with the shade Hollywood, which is a beautiful peachy-nude-coral and reminds me the shade that Audrey Hepburn dons in Breakfast at Tiffanys. The Baby Hint of Mint glosses are the perfect clutch-sized lippies, and they have a delicious mint scent and flavor. They deliver brilliant color, shine and plenty of moisture for a soft, kissable pout. My favorite out of Painted Earth’s lip products has got to be the Luxury Gloss. These glosses remind me of the Chanel Glossimers in that they feel incredibly smooth and make lips glisten in the light. The fine glitter draws attention to the lips, making them appear fuller.
I hope you have enjoyed this review – let me know if you have tried any products by Painted Earth!

No comments:

Post a Comment