Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Foundation That’s Good For Your Face! Painted Earth Luminous Coconut Oil Mineral Foundation


By Sheila Arkee
Several years ago I was on a first name basis with coconut oil. I’d heard it was good for jumpstarting the metabolism, so I placed a dollop of coconut oil  in my morning coffee for a period of several months. It didn’t seem to work for me so well, but I’ve kept some coconut oil around ever since, using it as a moisturizer and hair treatment. It’s good stuff, and now it’s in my life again as the key ingredient in Painted Earth’s brand new pressed mineral foundation, aptly named Luminous Coconut Oil Mineral Foundation.
Called “a foundation that’s good for you,” Luminous Coconut Oil Mineral Foundaition  is paraben-, dye-, talc-, and cruelty-free and suitable for all skin types. Coconut oil works its magic and adds moisturization that won’t clog your pores.
In comparison to other powder foundations, I’d say this is right along the lines of Milani’s Even Touch Powder foundation in terms of coverage, but not as intense as Make Up For Ever’s Pro Finish, and not not as powdery as MAC’s Studio Fix.
Besides coconut oil, this foundation is infused with Squalane, Fractioned Coconut oil, Grapefruit Extract , Thyme extract, Cinnamon bark extract, Rosemary leaf extract, and Lavender flower extract.
The compact doesn’t include a sponge, so I apply it with a kabuki brush for an even finish.  This photo is the foundation on it’s own, and it’s what I’d describe as lightweight and buildable coverage. For extra coverage, I’d suggest layering the powder foundation with a bit of a tinted moisturizer or a BB Cream. I found that with an additional blotting powder involved, the wear of this foundation is impressive and will stay on your face and not the rest of your person.
The verdict? While you won’t get a full-coverage finish with Painted Earth Luminous Coconut Oil Mineral Foundation, you’ll find a great, lightweight & buildable foundation with beneficial ingredients that will keep your skin in check. This foundation comes in 5 shades and can be found online at Painted Earth’s website, where it retails for $39.50.

No comments:

Post a Comment